Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Me and my Shadow...


Over the last few months I've seen a lot of things about people trying to get shadows to render in SL. It can be a rather involved process and not always turning out successful. I never even considered attempting it before, my old comp would have flipped me the finger if I even thought about it..lol. However, now that I have the new comp I thought I'd give it ago. My first try was using Kristens Viewer, that didn't turn out so well. I turned up the graphics ....followed the instructions to enable shadows ..and..well..things got weird. my sight got kind of blurry , my left eye started to twitch and I got kind of light headed.  I had visions of those newscasts about the kids who had seizures from video games..lol. I stopped immediately and abandoned the idea. I'm still not sure what happened there but, recently I went back to using Viewer 2 and thought I'd give it another go. I did the same as before turned up the graphics enabled shadows and ..viola! it worked and no seizure inducing trauma!  Now that I got them..I'm really not sure what to make of it..lol. Don't get me wrong its really cool and I love that I can do it..just think I'm gonna have to experiment with settings and locations and so on. Now for the important part....the clothes! Have I ever mentioned how much I love The Sea Hole ?  Well I do, Drinkinstien Sorbet comes up with the most fantastic and fun designs.  Always well made with a little whimsy, and these Beaded Satin Genie Pants are no exception. I love that they are loose baggy pants with out having to have a lot of prims attached to your legs. They are made of a pants and sock layer and blend together flawlessly. The top is also from The Sea Hole, again the details are fantastic and the fringe around the neckline makes it fun and a little different from other camisole style tops. Both pants and top come in a variety of colours.

Skin: League - Sia Medium - Olive
Hair: Elikatira - Away - Blonde 7
Eyes: Poetic Colors - Purple Morning
Top: The Sea Hole - Fringed Camisole - Harvest
Pants: The Sea Hole - Beaded Satin Genie Pants - Jet
Necklace: Shiny Things - Florina Necklace - Gold
Bracelets: Shiny Things - Ruma Bangles - Gold
Earrings: Shiny Things - Prya Cascade Earrings - Gold
Sunglasses: Pueple Moon - Vain Sunglasses - Brown Leopard
Shoes: Zaara - Ilaida Majri - Black

No comments:

Post a Comment